What we do is unique.
At Erasing the Distance, we use documentary theatre to spark dialogue and promote healing surrounding issues of mental health. You will become part of a focused group of individuals committed to creating good work in a sustainable and collaborative work environment.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is integral to Erasing the Distance. As representatives of the community, board members are responsible for upholding the public interest served by the organization – its mission. We’re fortunate to work with a dedicated group of individuals who are committed to disarming stigma, sparking dialogue, educating and promoting healing surrounding issues of mental health through theatre.
Their primary responsibilities include:
- Guiding the mission, values and strategic direction of the organization.
- Monitoring the organization’s operations.
- Raising funds for the organization through personal and professional connections.
- Acting as ambassadors for the organization to the larger community.
Each board member brings a unique set of talents and skills. Our current board could be greatly enhanced by additional experience from new members in the areas of accounting, human resources, marketing, fundraising or sales, and theatre audience development.
Contact Executive Director Diana Clegg for more details.
We are excited to announce that—to support our continued growth—we are looking for passionate people interested in joining the Finance Committee of our Board! Finance Committee members may also serve on the Board of Directors, but it is not required.
Although helpful, no formal financial training is required, just a general interest in finances and a commitment to being a key player in our future and mission to shed light on mental health issues through theatre.
If you, or anyone you know, may be interested in the Finance Committee, simply provide your name and email on this survey by January 20th. We look forward to engaging with those interested soon!
Do you have a few hours available each week to volunteer on a regular basis? Perhaps you’re in school and have a flexible schedule, are a stay-at-home parent looking for some adult activity, or retired with a lot of time on your hands. Several roles we have available could benefit from some committed long-term volunteers–for example, in the areas of general administrative assistance (on-site), database data entry, marketing and communications research, verbatim transcription of storytellers’ audio recordings, and more. If interested, please give us some basic information on this volunteer form.
In whatever capacity you choose to get involved, know that the following opportunities are true for all of us working within and with Erasing the Distance:
- Connect with and work alongside creative thinkers and professionals with a variety of skill sets.
- Shape arts programming for social change at the local level.
- See and experience compassion and insight around issues of mental health through our staff, artists, story collectors, storytellers, and audience members.
- Invest in the future by giving back to the community.